Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Excerpt: Cringely's Triumph of the Nerds


Steve Jobs
Hi I'm Steve Jobs.

Larry Tesler, Chief Scientist: Apple Computer
When I wasn't sure what the word charisma meant, I met Steve Jobs and then I knew.

Bob Metcalfe, Founder: 3COM
Steve Jobs is on my eternal heroes list, there's nothing he can ever do to get off it.

Larry Tesler
He wanted you to be great and he wanted you to create something that was great and he was going to make you do that.

Bob Metcalfe
He's also obnoxious and this comes from his high standards. He has extremely high standards and he has no patience with people who don't either share those standards or perform to them.

Steve Jobs
And I'm also one of these people. I don't really care about being right you know I just care about success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home